The Parts Administrator’s overall responsibility is to provide parts to our internal and external customers, placing orders for parts as required, and for completing all associated computer and other documentation related to purchase orders for parts on an as-required basis. The role of the Parts Purchaser / Administrator also entails the ability to regularly utilize our computer and Information Technology systems.
The employee should be flexible in accepting all other job assignments. All employees are expected to assist with duties that might not be part of their ‘regular duties” for periods of time, especially to cover for illness, absences and also to adjust for changes in market conditions and company and customer needs. The employee may also be required to work overtime, which may include weekends, to support specific business functions or projects.
- Creates and manages parts requisitions
- Process orders from requisitions and dispenses items from stock
- Maintains inventory control and stock rotation
- Enters information into the company system to maintain up-to date stock levels and customer information, respond to inquiries on stock levels and delivery times
- Ensures a healthy relationship with vendors
- Assists in the invoicing of parts to external customers
- Provide support and assistance on other tasks as they arise
- Demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service by acting fairly, with honesty, and a commitment to ethical business practices.
- Responsible for successfully adding to the company goal of increasing parts sales volumes and margins.
- Actively source all makes of parts for Yale and many other brands of forklift, burden carriers, sweeper/scrubbers, and other types of material handling equipment.
- Working with suppliers in a professional manner for pricing, availability, and ensuring prompt order fulfillment.
- Following prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures
- Processing cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale.
- Creating purchase orders and verifying receipt of the delivery.
- Creating pick tickets for customers and parts transfers between branches.
- Assist in handling customer complaints and concerns and make sure the problem is corrected to both the customer and Yale’s satisfaction.
- Speed and accuracy in data entry and record keeping.
- Assist in keeping department organized and orderly.
- Detail oriented
- Organized, able to multitask
- Automotive and/or Forklift industry experience asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Being able to work independently
- High level of administration/clerical
- Willing to learn