• To assist the Shipper/Receiver and other departments to ensure that shipping/receiving is efficient
• Assist shipper in shipping and receiving all items and equipment in and out of company.
• Fill in for shipper for sick and vacation time.
• Deliver and pick up items in the company’s pick-up truck as required.
• Organize around the shipping/receiving area to accommodate loads going in and out of building.
• Assist with housekeeping - ensure that the building and surroundings are arranged neatly and keptclean.
• Help to keep accurate and detailed paperwork of items that enter and leave the building. Everything coming into and leaving the building must be personally verified.
• Assists in organizing loads and getting items ready at the dock or in a designated area for the drivers.
• Communicate with other departments and customers when a load is delayed or cancelled.
• Distribute items coming into the building to specific persons or departments in a timely fashion. Copy of receiving paperwork must accompany these items.
• Responsible for ploughing snow and salting the parking lot and walk-ways in the yard in the winter.
• Assist in keeping an accurate spreadsheet (referred to as the SHIPPING LOG) of all items that is shipped and received.
• Clean and stack chargers as they are received into the building.
1. Completion of high school.
2. Will need to use all classes of forklifts in order to carry out duties – training will be provided in this area.
3. Must have valid G class driver’s license to operate company’s pick-up truck.
4. Experience in a similar role will be advantageous.
5. Ability to communicate in professional manner with customers and colleagues is a must.
6. Ability to work in a team is a must.