Responsible for mixing paints, color matching, preparing metal, plastic and fiberglass surfaces and applying paint to these surfaces. Perform touch-ups on new equipment or complete paint restoration of Material Handling Industry (MHI) related equipment i.e. forklifts, order pickers, tugs, transporters personal, etc.
- Preparation of surfaces to be painted, pressure washing, removal of old paint, repair of surface imperfections using a filler compound, sanding tools, etc.
- Preparation of the area to be painted using specific cleaning chemicals before applying the paint.
- Match, mix and apply paint finishes to various surfaces i.e. metal, fiberglass, plastic, etc.
Glue areas as required, such as windows, door panels, hydraulic hoses, lift cylinders, mast channels, cables/harnesses etc. to avoid overspray.
- Removal of equipment components such as access panels, panel covers, upholstery, seats, door handles/knobs, lights, switches, etc.
- Reinstall equipment components/accessories after painting project is complete.
- Clean up work area, spray equipment, after painting project is complete.
- Periodically maintain the paint booth by removing excess paint, replacing lights and vent filters.
- Coordinate with our parts department to purchase paint and other supplies as needed.
- Estimate by calculating the materials and time required for the painting project.
- Communicate with direct report (Department Manager, Supervisor, Shop Coordinator) to ensure assigned paint projects are progressing according to schedule.
- Move forklift equipment as needed around the work area to ensure well-organized and efficient operation.
- Provide comments related to paint and finishes as needed for the painting project.
Skills & Qualifications:
* High school diploma required
* Driver's license
* Understanding of surface finishes, color theory and various paint finishes (field training will be provided)
* Ability to carry heavy equipment (including various types of equipment limited to 50 lbs of paint and tools)
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Good physical dexterity
* Attention to detail and sense of creativity
* Strong ability to follow instructions
* Excellent communication skills
To apply fill out the form below or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org